Monday 8 May 2017

Election Distraction

British Columbia heads to the polls Tuesday... unless they voted early, like me... and normally I'd spend the evening glued to the social medias and cable news as the results come in. This year, however, I'm doing something different: I'm going to the movies.

Specifically, I'm going to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2


I'd like to say that I knew this would be a more enjoyable way to spend the day and that's why I planned this, but apparently I made these plans and then completely forgot about them. In fact, I still don't remember making them but my friend insists that we did. Being the person who usually has to remind other people about our plans, it was a nice turn of events.

Seriously. No memory of making these plans.

None.

Still not entirely convinced my friend isn't just making it all up.

At any rate, it will be a nice distraction from the politics going on given that there will be nothing I can do about the outcome of the election at that point. From everything I've read, it will be a worthwhile distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment