Sunday 24 April 2016

Technology Can Go F Itself

Since January, I have been working on a series of posts on Irish history to post in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of the Easter Rising in Dublin.

In other words, the first post should have been up this morning.

Saturday night, my computer went on the fritz. I was able to fix it, but I had to roll back all my items to my last backup... in early March.

Dammit!

First thing this morning, I phoned my friend who knows computers but no dice on retrieving my recent documents.

DAMMIT!

I have my links and rough drafts so I'm working on getting the posts done soon, but DAMMIT!

There may have been some tears this morning.

And some swearing.

Fine, a lot of swearing. I went full Malcom Turner on my computer. (Sorry, mom, for the swearing in this video.)


Hey, at least I backed up my files in March and not a year ago. Silver lining and all that jazz.

On the upside, a friend of mine who is a Latin Graduate Student turned a year older today. In a true show of friendship, I left her the FB message "Romani ite domum!" because it's some of the only Latin I know. If you don't understand the reference:


Naturally, this led to a conversation about Eddie Izzard's bit on the Latin language.


If you're ever feeling bad about something, going for a walk and thinking "Quad the fuck!" when you see something odd or silly is a great way to cheer yourself up. Trust me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment