Monday 8 December 2014

How Not to Start Your Holidays

Today is the first day of my week off. After a weekend packed full of social events and my last little bit of work before I cut out for the week, I sat down last night and made a list of all the things I was going to do this week.

Then I wok up at 2 am coughing and unable to catch my breath... also feeling like I needed to throw up. So that joyful event kept me awake for almost three hours. Guess who got absolutely nothing on her to-do list done today?



Still, I had an absolutely lovely lie-in... after I woke up to an alarm that I forgot to turn off for the week. This week has not started the way I had hoped.

At least it's given me a chance to rewatching Corner Gas. I went to see the Corner Gas movie on Friday night and realised how much I missed the show. I was expecting an empty theatre but the place was packed. The best part? It crossed generation lines. I was even seated near a large family that had three generations in attendance. And you better believe the whole theater sang along to the opening theme song.


God, I love this show. I'm sure I'll lose some cool-cred for saying that but it's true. Also, I can't lose what I don't have.

And with that, I'm going to call it a day. It's taken me over an hour just to write this. The old brain still isn't totally functioning after the night of wrecked sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment