Thursday 7 November 2013

The Simpsons Can Explain Everything

"How are things going with [a guy]?"

I sigh.

"I don't know. To be honest, I'm starting to feel like Gil on the Simpsons."

"Who?"

"Gil. He thinks he's going to sell a car to Homer only to have someone swoop in and steal the sale at the last minute. In my dating life, it seems to happen to me more often than not. I'm seeing someone, nothing serious but I think it's possibly heading that way, and then they meet someone else. I should probably start using C'mon, help ol' Gil out here? as my pick up line."

She laughs as she raises her pint glass to take a sip.

"Next thing you know, I'll be a real estate agent in Scottsdale."

"What?"

"Still a Gil reference. It's where he turns his life around. Obviously, you need to watch more Simpsons."

"Perhaps the fact that I don't is why I have a love life."

I pause, the pint halfway to my lips. I look at her and smile.

"Fair point."

No comments:

Post a Comment